These qualifications equip individuals with the ability and training to develop coaching and mentoring capability and will be awarded through Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Who are they for?
Coaching and mentoring qualifications enable individuals to learn, grow and deliver learning at their full potential. The Level 3 and 5 awards are suitable for new and aspiring leaders, the level 5 &7 certificates for more senior managers.
The Award is the shortest and most concise qualification. The Certificate provides a broader base of knowledge and skills. The Diploma is an extensive programme of learning.
The Level 3 Coaching and Mentoring qualifications are designed for individuals in their early management roles such as new instructors, team leaders and first-line managers.
Benefits to individuals:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and mentoring models
- Develop practical skills, tools and techniques
- Carry out supervised coaching and mentoring sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own skills
The Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring qualifications are for middle managers with significant responsibility and need to embed coaching and mentoring part of the day to day practice.
Benefits to individuals:
- Be able to assess skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of personal development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan further development
- Plan deliver and review coaching and mentoring to meet the requirements of the coachee/mentee and organisation.
You will gain a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor. Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation.
Benefits for individuals:
- Know how to review and build the context, strategy, culture and processes for coaching and mentoring at a senior and strategic level
- Understand and analyse different coaching and mentoring models and their impact
- Learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of coaching and mentoring in an organisation
- Critically review personal communication skills, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and values, to assess your competence as a coach or mentor
- Deliver and review coaching and mentoring at a senior and strategic level
What support will I get?
Sigma is committed to support learners throughout their qualification learner journey. Throughout the qualification, you will be supported by a Coaching and Mentoring Tutor who has undertaken the relevant qualification and is experienced.