Safeguarding and Prevention
Sigma UK Group Ltd is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all learners and employees, by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. It accepts corporate responsibility for the well-being and safety for its stakeholders, including children and vulnerable adults.
Our company recognises its responsibility and we acknowledge that it is the duty of Sigma UK Group Ltd’s workforce to uphold British Values. We take the safeguarding and welfare of all stakeholders seriously, creating an environment that protects them from harm, reducing any potential risks of being exposed to violence, extremism, exploitation or victimisation. At all times, employees will show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of all parties and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles, values and culture of our organisation and be aware and follow current legislation regarding the safeguarding of all stakeholders.
Sigma UK Group Ltd will commit to safeguard all learners and employees by:
- Valuing them, listening to them and respecting them.
- Adopting safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and partners.
- Ensuring responsibility for all safeguarding practices starts from the Board level
- Recruiting staff safely and undertake Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies that need it.
- Make sure all members of staff are trained in safeguarding.
- Rigorously monitoring and reporting safeguarding to continually improve our practices
PREVENT and British Values
The company recognises its responsibility and acknowledges that it is the duty to uphold British Values and to safeguard the welfare of all stakeholders by creating an environment that protects them from harm and reduces any potential risks of being exposed to violence, extremism, exploitation or victimisation.
Therefore employees, volunteers, delivery partners and contractors will at all times show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of all parties and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles, values and culture of our organisation and be aware and follow current legislation regarding the safeguarding of all stakeholders. Sigma UK Group Ltd policy sets out, in detail, the roles and responsibilities of all parties in providing a safe working and learning environment whereby everyone is protected from abuse of any kind.
Our team will all strive to eradicate the myths and assumptions that can lead to some young and vulnerable people becoming alienated and disempowered, especially where the narrow approaches some customers may experience elsewhere may make it harder for them to challenge or question these radical influences.
In our programmes this will be achieved by:
- Good teaching with open discussion and debate
- Promotion of citizenship
- Reinforcement of safeguarding and equality and diversity policies
- Citizenship programmes
- Focussed training programmes
More information about PREVENT can be found: here